|'CLUB MED' SOCIALISM SEALS EUROPE'S FATE|
Jeffrey T. Kuhner writes May 10 at times247.com:
The European Union is about to crack up. Its disintegration is now inevitable. This is the real meaning of recent elections in France and Greece.
French voters decided to oust President Nicolas Sarkozy, choosing the Socialist Party’s candidate Francois Hollande. The result was predictable, and in some ways deserved. The conservative incumbent came to power in 2007 promising economic reform, overhauling France’s bloated welfare state and cracking down on illegal immigrants. Instead, Mr. Sarkozy piled up record deficits, imposed massive tax hikes and oversaw the loss of France’s triple-A credit rating. The French economy became subservient to Germany, dependent upon Berlin to keep failing French banks afloat and solvent.
Read more here.
- Fannie Mae: Zombie Stock Turns Cash Cow
- Labor unions break ranks with White House on ObamaCare
- 8 Currencies That Could Tank As Commodities Collapse
- President Asterisk: Why the Obama IRS scandal may be worse than "a cancer on the presidency."
- CONSUMER CONFIDENCE CRUSHES EXPECTATIONS, STRONGEST SINCE JULY 2007
- Congressman Goes On Berating Rant At Ousted IRS Commissioner And Gets A Standing Ovation
- DeMarco: FHLBanks should grow involvement in secondary market
- Insurers predict 100% to 400% Obamacare rate explosion
- Read Between the Lines: IMF Admits Spain is Bankrupt
- China may not overtake America this century after all
- The US Economy Is The Envy Of The World Again, And Just Like That The Bears Have Been Annihilated
- The Great California Land Rush
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Reverse mortgage delinquencies surge
- Job surge a mirage
- Study Devastating for ObamaCare Backers