|'CLUB MED' SOCIALISM SEALS EUROPE'S FATE|
Jeffrey T. Kuhner writes May 10 at times247.com:
The European Union is about to crack up. Its disintegration is now inevitable. This is the real meaning of recent elections in France and Greece.
French voters decided to oust President Nicolas Sarkozy, choosing the Socialist Party’s candidate Francois Hollande. The result was predictable, and in some ways deserved. The conservative incumbent came to power in 2007 promising economic reform, overhauling France’s bloated welfare state and cracking down on illegal immigrants. Instead, Mr. Sarkozy piled up record deficits, imposed massive tax hikes and oversaw the loss of France’s triple-A credit rating. The French economy became subservient to Germany, dependent upon Berlin to keep failing French banks afloat and solvent.
Read more here.
- Countrywide Mortgage Devastation Lingers as Ex-Chief Moves On
- Economics Has Failed America
- For Bill Gross, Besting Pimco Is the Best Revenge
- SocGen claims China is only months away from burning through its currency reserves
- George Soros says the EU is ‘on the verge of collapse’
- Cooperman: Why this is no bear market yet
- Michael Burry, Real-Life Market Genius From The Big Short, Thinks Another Financial Crisis Is Looming
- Chinese Legislature Approves Two-Child Policy
- Bill Gross' Math on Junk Bonds Is Right
- PAUL SINGER: Developed countries are hopelessly and utterly insolvent
- U.S. household incomes slip, poverty rate holds in 2014
- St Louis Fed official: No evidence QE boosted economy
- For 90% Of Americans: There Has Been No Recovery
- The dollar's 70-year dominance is coming to an end
- Why Piketty's Wealth Data Are Worthless