|'CLUB MED' SOCIALISM SEALS EUROPE'S FATE|
Jeffrey T. Kuhner writes May 10 at times247.com:
The European Union is about to crack up. Its disintegration is now inevitable. This is the real meaning of recent elections in France and Greece.
French voters decided to oust President Nicolas Sarkozy, choosing the Socialist Party’s candidate Francois Hollande. The result was predictable, and in some ways deserved. The conservative incumbent came to power in 2007 promising economic reform, overhauling France’s bloated welfare state and cracking down on illegal immigrants. Instead, Mr. Sarkozy piled up record deficits, imposed massive tax hikes and oversaw the loss of France’s triple-A credit rating. The French economy became subservient to Germany, dependent upon Berlin to keep failing French banks afloat and solvent.
Read more here.
- Ruble Rout Accelerates as Russia's Central Bank Stands Aside
- For 90% Of Americans: There Has Been No Recovery
- Fed Exit a Blue Pill?
- The dollar's 70-year dominance is coming to an end
- Why Piketty's Wealth Data Are Worthless
- Stiglitz: 'Very uncomfortable' with stock levels
- A Recovery Stymied by Redistribution
- Behind the Productivity Plunge: Fewer Startups
- For most families, wealth has vanished
- The Blue-State Path to Inequality
- Clinton Library's Doc Dump Reveals CRA Fueled Subprime Bubble
- US Housing Market Is Down For The Count
- WASHINGTON & WALL STREET: THE FANTASY WORLD OF JOHNSON-CRAPO & HOUSING REFORM
- Janet Yellen is shocked that the Fed’s price models don’t work
- Schumpeter, Intellectuals and Capitalism