|'CLUB MED' SOCIALISM SEALS EUROPE'S FATE|
Jeffrey T. Kuhner writes May 10 at times247.com:
The European Union is about to crack up. Its disintegration is now inevitable. This is the real meaning of recent elections in France and Greece.
French voters decided to oust President Nicolas Sarkozy, choosing the Socialist Party’s candidate Francois Hollande. The result was predictable, and in some ways deserved. The conservative incumbent came to power in 2007 promising economic reform, overhauling France’s bloated welfare state and cracking down on illegal immigrants. Instead, Mr. Sarkozy piled up record deficits, imposed massive tax hikes and oversaw the loss of France’s triple-A credit rating. The French economy became subservient to Germany, dependent upon Berlin to keep failing French banks afloat and solvent.
Read more here.
- Ghost Of 1929 Re-Appears - Pay Attention To The Signals
- The sound of Nobel Prize-winning bubble alarm
- Nobel Prize winner warns of US stock market bubble
- Why US baby boomers are retiring in Latin America
- Bagehot & Deflation: Interview with David Kotok
- Obamacare Impact on Jobs (And Way Less Job Growth than Anyone Thinks)
- PUTTING THE GINI BACK IN THE BOTTLE: GINI COEFFICIENT KEEPS RISING WHILE REAL MEDIAN INCOME FALLS
- NOMURA: It's The End Of The End Of The World
- Bitcoin Soars Above $600: Rises 20% In One Day Ahead Of Senate Hearing
- Bitcoin Rises Over $500
- China eases 1-child policy amid elderly boom
- Q3 Earnings Roundup: Banks, Non-Banks and the FOMC
- As Bitcoin Plunges 25% On Government Scrutiny, The First BTC "Fair Value" Reco Has A Stunning Price Target
- Cancer patient chooses death after Obamacare causes his premium to increase by 833%
- As Bitcoin Soars Over $300, A Question Arises: Could It Become A Global Reserve Currency?