|2015: Why's the Oil Price Collapsing? Answer: $8+ Trillion Carry Trade|
D. K. Matai writes January 3, 2015 on LinkedIn's Pulse:
Most in the media are utterly clueless about what's coming in 2015. It is incumbent upon ATCA 5000 to clarify the situation as we did prior to the start of The Great Reset and The Great Unwind during 2007-2008 based on our global intelligence gathering, detailed scenario planning and mathematical modelling of capital allocation and trans-national flows:
1. The price of oil has fallen by more than half from its recent peak in mid-2014 and continues to remain in relative free fall in 2015;
2. The US dollar, in which oil is denominated, is soaring against almost all asset classes and currencies to break its multi-year trend range; and
3. The world's financial system remains on a dollar standard, not a euro, yen, sterling or renminbi standard. Majority of global loans continue to be in dollars.
What Connects These Three Key Dots?
You will have read about the oil price fall, OPEC, shale fracking, oil glut, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, energy supply and demand, geo-strategy and geo-political risk, alongside myriad conspiracy theories. They all may have some truth in them, but they are relative side issues against the major story that ought to be followed and dissected: the explosion of the near $8+ trillion US dollar carry trade.
Read more here.
- Countrywide Mortgage Devastation Lingers as Ex-Chief Moves On
- Economics Has Failed America
- For Bill Gross, Besting Pimco Is the Best Revenge
- SocGen claims China is only months away from burning through its currency reserves
- George Soros says the EU is ‘on the verge of collapse’
- Cooperman: Why this is no bear market yet
- Michael Burry, Real-Life Market Genius From The Big Short, Thinks Another Financial Crisis Is Looming
- Chinese Legislature Approves Two-Child Policy
- Bill Gross' Math on Junk Bonds Is Right
- PAUL SINGER: Developed countries are hopelessly and utterly insolvent
- U.S. household incomes slip, poverty rate holds in 2014
- St Louis Fed official: No evidence QE boosted economy
- 2015: Why's the Oil Price Collapsing? Answer: $8+ Trillion Carry Trade
- GUNDLACH: The Consensus Is Wrong — Interest Rates Could Sink To Levels We Haven't Seen In Decades
- Ruble Rout Accelerates as Russia's Central Bank Stands Aside